We exist to empower cities to take control of their skies, and accelerate the adoption of urban aerial mobility around the world.
AirMatrix builds traffic management capabilities on highly-precise spatial networks that enable safe drone operations at-scale. As the drone industry expands and many drone operator companies seek to run delivery and inspection operations, cities need a way of enforcing regulation and managing their skies. We empower industry and government to work together, taking on a critical role in the future of urban aerial mobility.
We are looking for a full-stack developer to join us as we scale our product engineering efforts and develop our Enterprise Operator webapp. Our ideal candidate is able to iterate quickly as our product adapts rapidly to the expanding drone industry, is comfortable wearing many hats, and is motivated to build the best traffic management platform as a part of the future of urban drone operations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Own backend microservices and frontend tasks throughout the full software development life cycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, and maintenance of new features and capabilities
- Transform UX designs into beautiful and intuitive experiences that make interacting with AirMatrix safe and easy
- Connect new frontend features with our telemetry system to track user behaviour and use this data to inform future design decisions
- Integrate new drones and sensors into our data pipeline
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Improve engineering standards, tools and processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally (UX, Backend, Hardware, DevOps, Product Management) to realize AirMatrix’s go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of full-stack software development experience
- Experience developing and maintaining production software
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, we mainly use Golang and Python
- Experience implementing reactive web applications from UX designs, we use React, Express and Node.js primarily
- A demonstrated principled approach to designing software systems
- Self-motivator with a strong work ethic and a sense of ownership and responsibility
- Experience working in agile teams
- Demonstrated leadership and team collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with rapid change, and be comfortable making decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, leading teams at startups.
- Going from minimum viable product to product market fit
- Passionate about graph theory and experienced with popular geospatial data tools and graph databases
- Experience with software and network security
- Interest in aviation, drones and bleeding edge technology