We've already mapped 5 cities and are on pace to map 100 cities around the world in the next couple of years, in order to enable autonomous drones and flying cars (VTOLs) to be adopted at scale globally. We're well funded by Angels, VCs, and government. We have a kick ass product, team, and customers. This role has immense upside for anyone looking to take their professional journey to the next level as we head into scale mode. We've won plenty of awards and are becoming a staple of Canada's innovation economy, ranging from Sustainable Development Technology Canada, the DMZ, Communitech, ENCQOR 5G, MaRS, etc. We have research and associative partnerships with both the University of Waterloo and the University of Toronto. We are growing rapidly in Canada and internationally, this is your chance to join a unicorn before it gets there, before it's too late. 🦄🚀
We believe a bright future starts with a strong foundation.
AirMatrix provides a software layer that is necessary to enable unmanned traffic management (UTM) and in conjunction, drone services, to truly scale in cities across the world. Our company allows municipalities to build aerial highways for multiple unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the sky that travel autonomously and simultaneously. This enables command and control of heightened traffic to facilitate growth in new industry applications as well as brand new industry segments.
AirMatrix is a world leading deep tech Canadian software company based in Toronto. The team is comprised of award-winning roboticists, designers, and global executive talent. We work with cities as well as regulators to unlock economic value in urban airspace with our mapping and technology. Our Advisory Board consists of the world's top researchers/scientists in robotics, and investors that are successful entrepreneurs in Space Tech, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Blockchain, Robotics, AI, and more.
You will be helping lead the charge with the tech team at AirMatrix and will be responsible for ensuring our technology is deployed successfully, consistently, in an ever growing and changing drone industry around the world.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
● Managing cross-functional teams responsible for developing product offerings
● Full stack development - optimizing and developing features
● Working closely with cofounders to translate ideas and features into product strategy
● Scaling and recruiting/hiring for development teams to execute on various projects
● Managing integrations and testing with OEMs (drone hardware)
● A bachelor's degree in
computer science, software engineering, or another related field.
● At least 5 years of software engineering experience
● Systems thinking and innovative design skills
● Advanced knowledge of cloud based systems
● Full-stack experience (React, Express, Node.js)
● Knowledge of agile methodologies
● Experience with RESTful APIs
● Strong written and verbal communication
● Demonstrated leadership and team collaboration
● Ability to learn quick, deal with rapid change, and be comfortable making decisions in an ambiguous environment
● Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, leading teams at startups.
● Going from minimum viable product to product market fit.
● Experience in designing/developing for security to improve processes and procedures .
● Interest or experience in the drone industry and bleeding edge technology.